WRITE YOUR LIFE
THE TRAVIS TECHNIQUE™
For Autobiographical Storytelling
MARK W. TRAVIS
June 24 & 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
- Do you have a story to tell?
- Is it autobiographical?
- Then Mark Travis’ WRITE YOUR LIFE workshop is for you!
Mark Travis’ internationally renowned WRITE YOUR LIFE workshop teaches a revolutionary short cut to develop and write your autobiographical story. Whether you are developing a one-person show, memoir, article or speech, this workshop teaches you how to engage the audience in a deeply emotionally and visceral way.
You will learn a variety of unique story-telling skills and tools that will strengthen, clarify and shape your autobiographical stories, including:
- A Process to Discover What your Story is Really About
- How to Develop the Storyteller/Audience Relationship
- How to Heighten the Audience’s Journey
- The Two Narrators every Writer Needs to Know: Scenic & Contemporary
- Story Structure and Sequencing
- Who “The Committee” is and What It Means to Your Story
- The Gap: Expectations vs. Result
- How to Manage Expanded and Compressed Time Sequencing
- And much more…
Whether you are an actor, director, a professional writer (or have never written before), Mark Travis teaches you the short cuts to achieve a publishable and producible writing style that engages audiences on a deep emotional level.
- Dates: Saturday-Sunday, June 25 & 26, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Location: The Travis Story Center,
- 10322 Mary Bell Avenue, Shadow Hills, CA 91040
- Fee: $550 before the June 4 Registration Deadline;
- $650 after deadline
Email Elsha Taya at email@example.com with your name, email address and cell phone number.
- Via PAYPAL: http://bit.ly/1KrYRWU
- By CHECK: Make check out to BOYDEN ROAD PRODUCTIONS and mail to 10322 Mary Bell Avenue, Shadow Hills, CA 91040
We will email you your receipt and further details for the workshop.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Mark W. Travis is considered one of the world’s leading authorities on the art and craft of film directing, writing and storytelling. All of his techniques stem from the pursuit of organic and authentic performances that are deeply felt by audiences. He has served as directorial and creative consultant to Mark Rydell, George Tillman, Cyrus Nowrasteh, and dozens of Independent filmmakers in Hollywood and internationally. Mark is known for the Solo Shows he has developed and directed over the past 15 years, and has been credited in the L.A. Times with having created a ‘new theater genre.’
Mark offers a series of “Write Your Life” weekend workshops for all writers, actors, directors and storytellers who want to explore the tools and techniques of autobiographical storytelling. Since 1992 Mark has been sharing his techniques on writing, acting and directing across the country and worldwide. His first book on film directing, The Director’s Journey, became an instant best-seller (L.A. Times) and was followed by Directing Feature Films which is currently required reading by hundreds of film schools worldwide. His third book, The Film Director’s Bag of Tricks, was published in September 2011.